Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Ticket to the big dance!


This entry is going to be about poker and very much un-funny, just a warning.

I woke up at the butt-crack of dawn this morning, also known as noon. There was a satellite tournament starting at 1pm, a $1080 buy-in mega satellite. I sold a bunch of my action to be able to pay the buy-in without feeling too bad about it, so I put up $580 myself and had other people take the other $500 worth of action. I got in bad shape really early when I misplayed one hand, but only lost about 450 chips (out of 3000 startchips) then I had a few big hands run into bigger hands and I was at about 750 chips when my table broke. I ended up playing with a guy I have played a ton with on the internet that I recognized for some reason, don't ask me how, and I gave him a bit too much respect I think and played weak in a hand against him. That won't happen again, and the guy I was playing with was SamENole (Matt Smith), ranked like fifth on Pocketfives.

I got moved to another table where I ran into Jamies friend Jeremy Tinsley, he was in the 10 seat and I was in the 1 seat, Jamie told him about me and he said he was going to take it easy on me (Ha! bring it on motherfucker) I ended up doubling through the very first hand I played with aces, flopping a set and getting paid, and a little later I doubled through Jeremy Tinsley when his A-3 failed to hold in a race vs my A-A. The satellite had 180 some odd people and paid 17 seats into the $10,000 Main Event and I busted about 75th or somewhere around there. I ran my two kings into a guy who had two fours, Tinsley said he folded a four so I felt pretty good about my hand... flop came down safe, turn came down safe and the river was the case fucking four. I was so frustrated because of the fact that I wanted to play in it so fucking badly. A little later I played a one-table satellite for $125, with one seat into another $1080 event. I didn't win it, but I did a sidebet with three other guys so I still won money. We all put up $50 a piece and the one who made it the furthest won $200 total, I lasted longer than the other three so I was atleast freerolling in that one.

Then as I busted from that one, they called that a super satellite $200 re-buy was about to start so I decided I was going to play. Jamie had $500 to his name, and had invested $200 in the first tournament and STILL gave me a hundred because he wanted part of my action, that was pretty funny. He said "No motherfucker can say that I'm scared to gamble!" Anyway, I got the chiplead semi-early in the event and held onto it all the way to the final table. I made one mistake of the entire tournament with five people left, three people got a seat into the big one but I still made it, so I'm extremely excited about getting a chance to play in the $10k main event. I've always wanted to play a main event so this'll be fun. As long as I can get onto a decent start and not bust early I'll be in good shape... cross your fingers for me, and I'll update tomorrow after hopefully having a decent chipstack and making it into day two.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home