Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Pass the Fat Bastard down the table...



Last night we were treated to a nice meal at Timboeaux restaurant in Hernando by Donald. He won the weight-loss bet that I never ended up writing about and took down some money for that one, so he treated the losers and some friends to the restaurant. Me and my roommate Chris were both in on this bet, but after the car accident we both lost some valuable time in the bet so they offered us to get out if we wanted to. I opted to get out as I hadn't been able to eat very well for the three weeks the wreck was and the week after, plus I couldn't really work out well. It was gonna be hard any way for me to gain weight so losing just those weeks would make it too hard for me because I'm a lazy fuck anyway.

So we go to the restaurant and he says the treat is on him, order whatever you want. It was 9 of us going down there, and we got started on appetizers. We all had some beer, some Guinness, some Newcastle and of course Chris was tapping into the Crown supply by drinking tons of Crown and Seven, assuring the waitress that she could keep them coming every time she walked by.

We had crabcakes, oysters, barbeque shrimp, soup and something else I forgot for appetizers. We also ordered a bottle of wine to get it started, and I don't usually drink wine but decided to for the occasion. We go through the first bottle of wine when somebody suggests we order another one... Donald picks up the wine list and asks, Steve, do you want a Fat Bastard? Steve wonders what the fuck Donald is talking about, until Donald tells us there's actually a bottle of wine named Fat Bastard. Since this was a weightloss bet that Donald had won, it was the perfect symbolization and therefore it had to be ordered! After the bottle was finished, the losers of the bet signed the bottle, dated it and let Donald keep the bottle.

The main course was great as well, I had their "Surf N Turf" which was an 8oz filet an 8oz lobstertail with drawn butter and a baked potato. It was incredible. About the time we're all eating the main course someone suggests that we could make a prop bet on the bill. We decided to put up $100 per person, and this was very much optional, and guess the amount of the bill. You were not allowed to look back at the menu to try to figure out what things cost, but just a winner-take-all guess for the bill totals. We had our desserts (I went with creme brulee, my favorite) and then the waitress brought us a pen and a paper each to write it down on. Our waitress was being put through hell with us, we were quite demanding with things, and we were being loud as hell too... but she got assured of a good tip so it would work out. Steve asked her what the biggest tip she had ever gotten was, she said there was a group of people that came in one time and tipped her $110. Of course, that had to be topped!

So we put down our guesses, and Chris is sitting next to me and he keeps changing his amount although I can't see what the amount is, he keeps saying he's thinking of more stuff to add. I write down $866 and put it down. The waitress comes back with the bill and Rachel, who was with us, opened up the notes with the answers. It was five or six of us in the bet, so winner would take $500. Before she opened up the notes with the answers, Andy said there's no way anyone will come close, or even within $25. I took a bet with him on the side, $100 between me and Andy and I would win if anybody at all came within $25 of the bill, he would win if nobody did.

The total bill was $873,76 I believe and Chris had guessed 875, he was within $1,25 of the bill which was insanely impressive, I think he bribed the waitress personally. I was within $8 and I was impressed enough with that! The waitress ended up getting a nice $330 tip for putting up with our drunk asses and we hauled our way out of there to go shoot pool.

We spent the remainder of the night from 6:30pm when we got to the restaurant, to 9:30pm when we left the restaurant to like 2-3 in the morning playing pool and darts and other things you could gamble on and had a hell of a time. It was so much fun going out eating and I'm glad nearly everybody could come shoot pool afterwards. I hope we'll be able to do that one again very soon. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home