Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to back winning sessions, oh really?

I played the 5/10 game at Hawaiian Gardens yesterday, picked up about 750 and then left when Chris was ready to go after not having done so well in his game. Chris has been on quite a tear lately in the 200 max buy in game. They play $3/5 blinds with a maximum buy-in of 200 and he has beat the living shit out of that game and he's up 5200 in 6 sessions of 200 max. That is unbelievable. Most people have like 200-400 on the table, I'll walk by his table to see what he's up to and he'll have 1600 in front of him. It's kinda cool. Every time he's taken a step up to play higher though he's not been running too great but at least he's pummeling that game.

Tonight I went to the Commerce, played the 1500 max 5/10 game and won a few hundred nothing major. I made one blunder towards the end of that session that got me down to being 350 winner as opposed to being 900 winner. After that I talked to my buddy for a while and he suggested I should go play the $10/20 uncapped no limit game in the top section.

I sit down in the game with 2k and we're playing 8 handed and the game was really good. I can't even remember the first few pots I was in but I think I got up to about a thousand winner without a showdown, I then make a back to back blunder. The game was playing big, most of the pots were straddled to $40 so it was a 10/20/40 game most of the time and they were a lot deeper than me and my (now) $3000 stack. I limp in UTG with 99, another limp and the guy who was in the straddle who was by far the action player on the table tosses in two more white chips and makes it $240. He did this quite frequently. I called and the flop came J-J-J. He checks, which he also did frequently whether he flopped anything or not. He checked after raising preflop both with his monsters, his medium strength hands and his total misses so that didn't tell me anything really, I check behind. Turn 7 he bets 200, I call. River T for JJJ7T board he bets 600 and now I'm just left guessing. My hand is fairly face-up as a low pocket pair and I thought there was a decent enough chance he'd bluff and even in some cases value-bet worse hands than mine so I called, but he had KJ for the flopped quads. Right after that the very next hand there's a limped pot I limp on the button with 33 and see a flop of 743 two clubs. Guy who limped UTG bets $100, gambler that made quads previously calls 100, I make it 350 they both call. Turn 5 for an ugly 7543 board. UTG checks, gambler guy bets $1000 and I fold and the UTG guy had limped in with KK and folds it faceup. The gambler showed us both a 6 before he folded. If turn comes a blank, I think I win a big pot off of the guy with KK though.

Then after that, I went card-dead and nitted up for like 3 hours when I didn't get involved. Only major pot I play I limp 66 UTG and I get looked at right away like this one guy expects me to have a monster, he limps behind, next guy makes it 80, one call 80, gambler from previous hands makes it 180 from his small blind. I'm thinking this might be a premium spot to limp-reraise given my tight image and I think it over for a couple of minutes, literally, before I decide that I'll just call thinking that I can bring in the callers behind me and somewhat profitably set-mine and keep in mind that my hand looks pretty strong after limping UTG and cold-calling a reraise. Flop 332... the reraiser, mr gambler checks, I decide to try stab at this one and bet 500... the two callers immediately fold and the gambler guy tosses in 99 faceup in the muck instantly, so picked up some there.

The only other noteworthy hand was me raising AQ to 120 getting three callers, flop AQ3 two diamonds they check to me, I check in cutoff, button checks. Turn 7 of diamonds putting 3 diamonds out. First guy checks, second guy who had gotten stacked a few hands earlier and was a little tilty shoves 1250... I call, the other two folds. River blank, he says "one pair", I show my hand and its good.

I feel like I could've done a lot better in the game, but I was adjusting to a new and bigger game and they were playing very fast and gambling a whole lot. I picked up 1100 and learned quite a bit about the game and a couple of the players so looking forward to going back to that game later this trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home