Friday, August 04, 2006

Battle of Champions II : Sweden takes the crown again.



This morning I got a vision. A little ghost floated down from upstairs where he had been partying and hanging out in the badass suites they have upstairs and he came down to me and told me that I was the Chosen One. Chosen for what, I inquired. He said that an epic battle between nationalities would take place around 4 PM this very day and I had been chosen to defend the swedish glory. Sweeeeeeeeet I said, and the little ghost said he was so god damn hung over he was going back to the pool and have himself another margarita to feel better.

At four PM, the contender stepped up in the form of fat ass Chris Hight. The rules had been laid down, we were playing a best-out-of-five headsup poker match starting out with No Limit Hold'em and then letting the winner choose what game to play for the next game. He grabbed Nicks laptop and I grabbed mine and we logged onto PokerStars. He kept talking so much shit about how he was going to beat me without a problem and this and that, and I kept reminding him by asking how he did in the main event again since I forgot. Nick asked what the odds would be and I claimed to be an at least four to one favorite, which I think is quite accurate. We started playing and I won the first match quite quickly, then he chose Pot Limit Omaha which I don't think he lost a single pot in. On the last hand that finished the match I had kings doublesuited with clubs and spades, he had aces suited in clubs. Flop was J-6-6 two clubs so he had a bigger draw and bigger overpair, and KO'd me. Then I picked Pot Limit Omaha High/Low which I don't think he ever had a shot in and it might've been unfair because he really, really sucked at that game. Last game was decided by No Limit Hold'em again and of course, he's drawing dead before we even start playing so I won that one too. The swedish people rejoiced as a 3-1 victory was good enough to secure bragging rights for the next six or seven months, no problem.

Yesterday we went out drinking, I didn't feel like playing poker at all as I played something like 4700 hands online and 8 hours of livepoker in one day before that and I was burnt out completely. We went to eat at Outback before we started and I had some grilled salmon and they had steaks, at the end of the meal when the bill was presented we decided to play a different version of credit-card roulette. It was only a $100 bill so we all threw in one hundred each, all with different digits that the serial number ended in. The waiter drew Nicks bill and he had put himself at an 1,8 to 1 favorite he would get picked and sure enough, the favorite pulled through and the meal was on Nick. Then we went drinking a bunch. I had a steady diet of beer and vodka-cranberry and Chris had his crown and 7 so we were drinking a lot. Nick felt bad so he went upstairs to lay down for a while and me and Chris went to Kahunaville. I found out later that on a list of the top ten spots for flair-bartending in the whole world Kahunaville was on the list. The list had like three spots in Vegas, two more in the US, two spots in the United Kingdom and then some random other spots in the world. The bartenders there were pretty badass at flairing which I think is quite cool anyway, we hung out there for a while until Nick came and met up with us. We just sat around talking and drinking and had a good time and I went to bed semi-earlyish at like 3 am and they stuck around drinking some more.

During the night, I might've gotten the most hurtful text-message I've ever seen. I get insulted on a daily basis since that's how my friends roll, but this one was bad. It was Shawn sending me his love from New York and he always talks shit about Sweden but he took it to a whole different level. The exact text messages below:

"Did u kno theres 3,000 hackers at caesars for a convention? Mayb u could take ur 14,000 laptop over there and exchange it for a commodore 64."

"U should get a skin cover for ur computer...have the saab logo, ikea logo, volvo emblem and make it yellow and blue and put the curling team picture to capit off. And then on the back put a cartoon of a stick figure blowing his brains out with the caption of "do you blame me" underneath"

That was fucking harsh. God damn, man. He must've gone and watched a Phillies game and seen them get killed again and therefore he was so angry and bitter. The plan for tonight is go to see Talladega Nights I believe, other than that I don't know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home